Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Confirmation

This past weekend went by like a freight train on steroids.

The oldest grand, Miss E, made her confirmation on Sunday.  Beginning on Friday it was go-go-go to get everything done on time.

Because the day was Reformation Sunday, the confirmands had red stoles to decorate with symbols of their lives and their faith journeys, and they could do anything they wanted to do.  So Miss E wanted her name and her bible verse -- chapter and verse number -- spelled out on either side, and symbols of baptism, communion, etc.

We paged through the gazillion embroidery designs we have and found several that were appropriate and sat down Friday night to get them applied.

 
Jeremiah 29:11New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Symbols of baptism, communion and the holy spirit.



She added an atom and a double helix because she loves science and math, and hopes to be some type of engineer or scientist some day.  She's an excellent student, smart and diligent, always has her homework done and gets wonderful grades. -- I'm allowed to brag, she's my grand!

Combat wound -- me, not Miss E!!
See the horrible machine -- the screw on the needle is a blur and if it hits your finger it HURTS like crazy!!

Note to self:  stop the needle before clipping the threads... I got my thumb scraped by the screw on the right side of the needle shaft and bled ALL OVER the place including on my Gloria Vanderbilt jeans!

Lucky for me I did NOT bleed on anything important.  Like the stole.

With her proud mom.
Congratulations Miss E, Gram is very proud!

Sew on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit today!