Today is the beginning of Labor Day weekend, and also of a local attraction, St. Martins Fair. St. Martins is a road that runs through a small section of the community, and all summer there is a fair with lots of vendors, music, produce stands... you can buy almost anything from tee shirts to tomatoes to goats! I thought I would get up early this morning and score some home grown tomatoes, but since it was raining, my head decided a nice sleep-in was in order.
Many areas are getting much more rain than we have, but still I'm feeling a little 'under the weather' as they say. What is it about rain that makes us sluggish and slightly gloomy? What does it mean to be under the weather? Is it a good day to read a book instead?
Saturday 12:00 PM
This picture has been all over the internet, flooding in the Madison area and people who drive through the puddles having NO IDEA that soon they will float away! The newscasters keep repeating the mantra "turn around, don't drown", but it continues. How did they even see where to go?
Some people do like rain though. I love this little umbrella girl... do they make that in adult sizes? LOL!
Random thoughts for the weekend:
- When you're retired and your first day to do anything is Tuesday, any weekend seems to be a long weekend. And Labor Day? HAHA! Oh well, it does indicate the end of summer in Wisconsin.
- It seems that the weather forecasters are using more technology lately, but are they any more accurate? And do we mind less than we used to when they're not?
- Blogs with ads that block your view of content are annoying. I've stopped reading a few of my old favorites because they're that full of advertising.
- Pepsi or Coke, does it really matter?
- Now that I'm cleaning my sewing room to prep for potential home buyers I'm itching to get started on a dozen new sewing projects!
Until next time! Sew on... or not. ;-)