I know, preaching to the choir, right?
I'm reading blogs where people are working on the Splendid Sampler or some other stitch-along and I see new fabrics and fun patterns and I'm so envious...
My list of things to do, in no particular order:
- Finish the car quilt for our re-retiring pastor... I have the center medallion done but I need to do some embroidery and fill-in blocks. Others are doing the border.
- Start (and eventually finish) a donation top for the church guild. It's mostly cut out.
- Clean up my sewing room - again. haha!
- Help Miss A finish up her quilt back to replace Blankie. She is piecing both sides and the top is done.
- Start an exercise program. Ugh.
- Put borders on two donation quilts.
- Bind a quilt that's currently out for quilting (Thanks, Suzi!)
- Finish my knit-along Agnes sweater (five inches or so, and sleeves)
- Finish my green Lady's Sweater from last year (just sleeves now...)
- Knit the second sock for Miss E.
- Finish wall hanging for church nursery.
- Complete my tax returns. Double ugh.
- Organize my desk.
- Take my Viking machine in for service.
- Embroider baptismal napkins.
- Embroider crosses on some altar napkin.
I'd better stop there, I'm making myself depressed...
Last week I stopped at the Goodwill and scored several great bargains. I picked up an ironing board, in super shape with a clean cover and pad on it too, for $9.99. We can use it with our new Big Board.
Then I also spied a Brother sewing machine for $9.99. It doesn't have a cord or a foot pedal, but I have a Brother embroidery machine that converts to a sewing machine that has the same cords. I never use the foot pedal because I never switch over to the sewing machine, since I have other options, so I'll find that and us it on the new machine. I may have to buy a power cord but that's all. The feet and accessories are all interchangeable so score on that one!
Last thing was a wooden folding TV table for $3. I've seen a small ironing station made with a wooden folding table that this will work for. My cousins and my aunt have made them, and I'm planning on making one too. Here's a picture from Pinterest.
I hope your day is going well... It's starting to feel like spring, which I know is wrong since it's still Wisconsin and it's only February. I may try to take a walk in the neighborhood this evening.