Monday, August 31, 2015

"Almost" is Finished!!

Almost Twilight is finished!!  My friend Suzi and I were comparing lists of unfinished projects recently.  I'm happy to say I can cross this one off as done!

The binding is on, and I did it completely by machine.  Usually I would sew it on the back and hand stitch it on the front, but for expediency this time I did it all by machine.  I sewed it to the back as normal, trimmed down the seam allowance and with my walking foot stitched it to the front of the quilt, with thread as close to matching as I could get.

The light was not good in the bedroom on Sunday, kind of cloudy and overcast...  As to size, it completely covers the top of my queen sized bed but doesn't extend over the sides.
Machine sewn pinky purple binding.

Looks good even with the back!
I guess this is officially a full sized quilt.  It's long enough to hang over the end of my bed but not wide enough to hang over the sides of the queen mattress.  It would cause quite a tug of war on a cold night!  But it will work as a second cover if I turn it the long way across the bed.

Or I could find someone in the family with a full sized bed and gift it to them.

It was my first experience quilting with batiks.  I really love the colors and Suzi B did a wonderful job on the quilting.   So a big finish.  I think this was the largest of my UFOs.

I also quilted and bound the charity quilt for my local guild, but no photos, it's just so -- so -- ugh...

The back is pretty though!  Hope someone loves it.

 Sew on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit today!