Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Sick Days and UFOs

I normally go visit my doctor every six months for checking up on my blood pressure, my prescriptions and all that good stuff.  Lately I've been getting letters from my insurance company saying "flu shot due" or "mammogram due".  That's a nice service.

Monday I went to discuss the high cost of a certain prescription and the possibility of getting a generic brand, and since I had a congested head, I got a 'two-fer', that is two consultations for the price of one!  Well, it turned into almost a dozen because I got an exam, changed the prescription, got an antibiotic for a sinus infection, left blood for a bunch of tests AND got a tetanus booster!

I can't remember when I had a tetanus shot last.  Probably over 10 years, maybe more.

Monday night I had a tough time sleeping.  It's hard to sleep when you can't breathe out of your nose.  So Tuesday was a sick day.  I just could NOT make myself get up, get dressed, and drive to work in snow.  I guess the roads were bad, but I can't say for sure.

So after 24 hours on the antibiotic, I started feeling better, so I hauled out a basket full of UFOs.

About a year ago I started a sweater for myself, called February Lady's Sweater.  You can find the pattern free on Ravelry.com.  If you're not signed up for Ravelry, you should be!  It's free and fun and there is a ton of fun stuff available there.

Left front... this is top down knitting and I'm into the pattern rows.

Right front, close up of the pattern.

Pattern

Center back
I think my left front is off as far as the pattern goes.  There are supposed to be holes where the yarn overs are, but I have some thick branches instead.  It's a really simple pattern, done over seven stitches on four rows, and the wrong side rows are just pearl stitches.

So I've done about 15 rows, and I think I'm going to have to rip back.  I can't decide if I should try to rip back just the section that's off, or if I have to pull out the whole 15 rows.  Or if I can live with the out of pattern stitches.

I'm thinking ripping a section. 

Speaking of ripping, if you love funny stories about knitting, may I suggest that you check out Stephanie Pearl-McPhee at the Yarn Harlot Blog ?  She's too too funny, and I swear I have lived some of her stories verbatim!  She's turned some of her stories into books, which I've recently picked up on Amazon.com.  Love her!





Knit on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit today!