Thursday, March 5, 2015

Color of the Year. Wait, What?

Saw this jotted down somewhere and thought it appropriate on so many levels...

The color of the year -- huh, who knew?

According to Pantone, the color authority for everything from paint to fabric to plastic spoon handles and beyond, the color of the year is marsala.

 
 
Seriously?  Who decides this stuff?  They must know something I don't.  Or they're trying to sell someone something.  You can decide.
 
The color of the year for the past 14 years has been all over the map. 

I LOVED the color of the year in 2013.  I decided it was going to be MY color of the decade.

So what is up with marsala?  What does it go with?  Who looks good in it?

I don't much care for muddy or muted or 'shades of' color.  I think I'll take mine straight up, thanks.  So give me red, teal, even last year's color, Radiant Orchid.

I guess 2015 is a non-starter for me colorwise.  I'm going to live in the color of 2013.

Sew on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit today!