Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter weekend

I hope everyone who reads this had a wonderful Easter weekend.  DH and I went to sunrise service at 6:30 a.m.  It was a beautiful day, chilly but sunny.  We went out to breakfast after.  There was a breakfast at church but he never will go with me to those things so I went with him to a restaurant instead.

The kids and grands were all elsewhere.  Grands 1&3 dyed eggs with me on Friday, and 2&4 dyed their eggs with me on Saturday.  They took them all home, so we ended up with the six undyed eggs that had cracked in the boiling. 

I bought NO jelly beans, no chocolate bunnies, no marshmallow eggs.  This year I'm putting myself on the austerity program!  See if I can lose a pound or two before my next doctor's appointment!

One of the dye packets had chalk and 3-D glasses in it.  And special stickers.  The kids got a kick out of coloring with the chalk after the eggs dried, but it didn't appear to last very long.  One good look with the glasses and the handling seemed to rub it all off.  Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!

Meanwhile back at the ranch, we read the paper, took little naps, and I did some sewing.  I put together the main portion of the LLA class quilt.  It's too cute!  I have to take a picture of the progress and post that later.  I'm trying to embroider a banner-type header for it with the class year and teacher's name.  I'm looking for cute lambs to embroider.

I actually cut out and sewed two tops for myself.  It's nice to have a stash of fabrics in your own personal colors, that coordinate with the rest of your wardrobe.  You don't have to worry about whether the stores are open, and if you want a new top, in an hour you can have a couple!  Well, one is completed, the other has to be finished up tonight.

Happy spring!  Keep sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit today!