Monday, June 24, 2019

What's New?



Today was the first day of Vacation Bible School (VBS) at our church.  Since this is the first year I'm not working full time, I volunteered.  Well, I volunteered to be a snack lady, but since the snack people appear to be firmly entrenched from previous years, I was recruited over to the team leader position.

Oh dear.

Little did I know.  It's always that way, isn't it?  But my youngest granddaughter has been a team leader for the past three years or so, and if a 12 year old can do it, how hard can it be, right??  Famous last words!

My team, the Meerkats, group 5 (of 6), turned out to be largely made up of three-year-olds.  One is not quite three yet, two have just turned three, and one is about 3 1/2.  The other two kids are about 5 years old, and they know each other from preschool.

Evidently every year there is one child who starts out crying.  And a couple who want to be carried.

I have them A.L.L.

I love little children... really I do!  But trying to carry two three-year-olds down a flight of stairs is a challenge, to say the least.  Add my crabby knee and you get Challenge times three!

Lucky me, I had a helper to carry all the paraphernalia and keep the schedule out.  He came complete with a clip-board, bless his heart!

We played some games, did some dancing around, looked at the fabulous jungle sets and the cardboard cutout animals, and had some fun making and then eating bug snacks from strawberries, pretzels and chocolate chips.


I hope tomorrow there's less crying and more singing!  At least tomorrow they should know how to stay together in a group not to run off.  Maybe.

I'm thinking it's going to be a llllooonnnggggg week!

Party on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit today!