|"I wish she would stop blaming us for those abandoned projects..".|
|I made a pillow case to match the girl's quilt.|
We thought this larger panel (36x42) would make a good beginning. We also pulled out the navy dot and a big piece of navy with a small gold stripe that may have been a bed sheet at one time. I rummaged around in my home resource center and found a few more things that would work, then took a little trip to the local quilt shop (oh no!!).
I sat down with my drawing paper and sketched out a plan. My apologies to the wolf, I didn't do him justice...
|my extremely rough sketch... and the headache material at the bottom :-(|
The quilt has to be a certain size, and trying to make the math come out gave me a headache, but I have a plan that's workable. I'll wait until the components are made, and cut the inner and outer borders the sizes needed to make it work out of the piece with the stripes.
Here are my go-with fabrics from stash and store, except for the stripe. I don't know how I missed getting a picture of that one.
|Navy, silvery grey, gray with some blue splashes, a grey/tan/blue geometric print, a great linear grey piece, and for just a bit of accent some tan that matches the branches and kind of looks like marble.|
|Picking up on the shape within border of the panel, I'm working on some flying geese.|
|I love this print!! The LQS pulled this one from hiding among the bolts of fabric.|
Now I have to get busy!!