Tuesday, December 1, 2015

I Almost Forgot!

I nearly forgot about the bulbs I planted when I did my list yesterday... it didn't happen within the past week but a couple of weeks ago I actually did some gardening!

Yeah, me.

My friend Suzi said she had some tulip bulbs that were ready to be planted, and did I want some?  I do not do a lot of gardening.  In fact I'd say over the past eight years what I've done has been not worth mentioning.  I do supervise well.  But dig, me?  Not so much.

She brought them over on a Saturday and DH was viewing them very skeptically.  I suppose he knows me too well.  He actually said "what are you going to do with those?" like he thought maybe I'd planned to cook them or something.

It was a nice day, so I got out the handy dandy short spade and started digging.



I had yellow, red, and a red/yellow combination.  You dig a hole six inches deep, poke in the bulb and cover it up.  Easy, right?

At first I was thinking, oh, she only gave me three packages.  Well, I didn't know how many she had, it could have been half... and after all, I'm no gardener.

After opening the first package and counting out a dozen bulbs I thought, OH MY GOSH, SHE GAVE ME THREE PACKAGES!!!  That's 36 holes!!

After much bending, pushing, digging, and groaning, they were all planted.  My front yard should be lovely this spring, if the squirrels don't discover that the last six to ten holes are probably less than six inches deep... 

Bloom where you're planted...


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit today!