Wednesday, August 5, 2015

On the Needles, Still...

The green Lady's Sweater is still on the needles but it IS nearing completion.

Well, it's more than halfway done, so does that count?  I have to finish the bottom band, then knit two sleeves from the stitches I laid off onto scrap yarn.  I'm praying for luck, and a better attention span...


I'm liking the color, the yarn is Vanna's Choice Baby, color Sweet Pea.  The one booboo on the back has very nearly stopped annoying me.  At least that's what I'm telling myself.  Who knows whether at some point I'll wear it, someone will notice, and I'll frog stitch the 27 rows, but that's a story for another day.  Really, this truly is an easy pattern if you just pay attention to what you're doing (she said to herself more than once!)

I want to make the band at the bottom as wide as the front band, so that means about four or maybe five more rows need to be added before I can bind off.

It's been so hot in Wisconsin that the air conditioner is on all the time, so having this bundle in my lap has warded of the chills during my evening TV time.  I knit through an episode of Major Crimes on Monday and an episode of Rizzoli and Isles on Tuesday. 

Today is only supposed to be in the 70s, so maybe there won't be any knitting tonight.  That's OK, who wears a sweater when it's in the 70s anyway?  It's OK if I skip a night, although I so want to finish because I want to start the NEXT project.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Knit on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit today!