Monday, January 19, 2015

Charity Sewing

The church quilting group met this past Saturday to catch up from the holiday hiatus and show what we've been working on since we last met.

Wow, all I can say is wow.

Bonnie worked on a new pattern, a big chevron using strips, not triangles.

This pattern is called Cut Apart Nine Patch.  Quilted and finished.

The pattern for this purple number is called My Favorite Donation Quilt.

Rail Fence, quilted and finished.

Shirley even tried her hand at free motion quilting, a new skill for her!

Another chevron, this time with smaller strips.  You need more strips but you get more colors.

This pattern has a name, but I can't recall what it is;  it is essentially snowball blocks with sashing.

We love our string quilts!  Quilted and finished.

Xs and Os, quilted and finished.

Yellow Brick Road pattern, quilted and finished.
I pieced this 60 degree triangle pattern a while ago and decided it needed to move OUT of my UFO box...

Our new Welcome banner.
Someone asked us if we could make something to cover up the chip in the paint on this wall.  I don't know if it was a joke or what.. the space is about 18 inches wide and the chip is down below where the O in Welcome is!  What could you put there that wouldn't look odd?

So we got creative and I pieced some wonky letters.  I was very into wonky that week!  Then I passed it along to my co-leader, Suzi, and she did an amazing job of quilting it.  We got a dowel and a string and voila!  Chip covered, and not at all awkward.  It's right inside our back door and now is one of the first things you see when you come into the Fellowship hall in the church.

Now, back to those UFOs...

Sew on!