Monday, January 6, 2014

Trending Now -- Downton Abbey

Have you been watching Downton Abbey on PBS?  Personally I love Masterpiece Theater, always have.  And DA is beautiful to watch.  Add to that Elizabeth McGovern who I have always liked, and OMG Dame Maggie Smith!  She's a pistol!

One of my co-workers is originally from England and he buys some sort of subscription where he actually watches British TV so he's already seen the new season, but he wouldn't tell me a single thing. 

So the two hour premier was last night and I set myself up with tea and knitting on the sofa to watch.

I love the guy who plays Tom -- the chauffeur turned son-in-law turned estate agent!  But they're scheming again downstairs... that Thomas, he's a villain!  Did he forget who helped him when that lady's made was going to get him fired?  Must have, because he's sniping at the wife of the guy whose boots he should be polishing.  And did everyone forget this is the guy who was in prison and maybe has a few tricks of his own up his sleeves??  Ha!  I'm waiting until the conniving, cowardly Thomas gets his own back.  Remember folks, he shot himself in the hand so he could come back from the war, he has it coming.

And the nanny was such a weasel.  She wouldn't let one of the grandmas visit the grandson and heir!  And she called the older child the 'chauffeur's daughter' as an insult and got caught by that baby's grandma, Cora.  She's so fired.  Of course that was set up by the evil Thomas, but she deserved it.  Nobody should stand between a grandmother and her babies!! 

I guess that's why Cora (Elizabeth McGovern's character) can't see that Thomas is a snake.  And I hate snakes...

Hopefully every dog has his day, and he'll get his.

On a more fun note, this year's costumes are becoming more modern.  Rose has lovely clothes, but I can't help but wonder what the heck Edith had on to go to London and eat in a fancy restaurant??  It looked like she put a dark tee shirt on under her ball gown.

But hey, if the guy she loves is willing to become a German citizen to marry her, more drama is on the way!

Yay, BBC and Julian Fellows! 

View on, people.