Thursday, September 19, 2013

Unintentional Hiatus...

Life is what happens while you were making other plans... or soemthing like that!

I took two non-consecutive weeks of vacation in August so I could get some projects finished before fiscal year-end started at my job.  Well, you know what they say about the best laid plans going awry, and they did.

List of things I intended to do:

  • Visit Cedarburg quilt museum
  • Go to Downtown Books so the girls could meet the book cats (real kitties who live in the bookstore)
  • Finish a portion of the UFO bin
  • Clean up and organize garment fabric/patterns
  • Sew doll clothes
  • Sew some stuff for me
  • Sew anything!
List of things I actually did:
  • Cleaned linen closet because I couldn't find the fall blankets
  • Scrubbed out fridge because something smelled funny in there
  • Entertained Grands because they were bored
  • Went grocery shopping because the hubby didn't want to...
  • Kinda/sorta organized the mess in my sewing room because I couldn't find anything or sew in there with all the mess
  • Finished one flimsy -- yay!!
 
So now I just have to get the cash together to buy a backing and have this quilted.  It's big enough to drape over the edges of a queen sized mattress, so BIG!
 
Other little things I did:
 
Knitted up some doll clothes that I'll be selling at a craft fair at church in November...



 
So, it's not like I did nothing.  It just feels like that sometimes!
 
Sew on...