I'm also trying to do things like hem pants and finish a couple of projects, but...
I completed the block called Darting Birds. It's turned a different way in the book we're not talking about. I think it's very cute, with its little one inch hsts!
Then in keeping with the birds theme, I finished the block called Flock. I think I have this picture upside down, but it's also cute. 1.5 inch hsts and 3.5 inch hsts this time.
I am trying to mix up the greens with each block, but I find myself trying to use up the chunk of fabric. Also I make a sheet of hsts of one size, so the same fabrics tend to appear when the size is the same.
Here is Spool. This one is based on 2 inch finished hsts and squares. I think I like the one made with more squares per block, because you can make the spool portion wider. This looks like an empty spool -- not something you want to encounter in the middle of a project!!
I'm up to 30 squares. I actually have more made, but some are duplicates, and due to my inexpert measuring and my inability to make the templates work for me, I have four that turned out to be 8 inches finished instead of six.
I'm not too worried, I will either find a use of them, or A will cut them up for her next project!!
Happy Sowing, everyone!