Wednesday, August 4, 2021

I Quilt By Checkbook

 I always say that I quilt by checkbook.  Yes, I mean I pay someone else to do it most of the time!

It does mean that I can't finish as many quilts as I'd like to finish, but it also means that the ones I do get finished are VERY well done!

My quilter lives in the next town over, in Waukesha County WI.  She's good and fast and makes great decisions if you tell her to just do whatever she feels like doing.  

I took two quilts over to her in July.  I posted about them in June... I'm hardly ever in a rush, and I try to space them out so I an afford to pay for them without jeopardizing my lunch money.

These two were finished this week, and I picked them up on Tuesday.  They are wonderful!  

The first one was really old, as far as when it was started.  But it was finished in 2021 so that's what will be going on the label.  It's a Judy Hasheider design called Quodlibet.  I love how it turned out!

  

She sent me the first picture from her machine as she was starting it to let me know it was in the works.  The picture does not do it justice.  Here's a closeup of one of  the flying geese.  

Next is the Mystery Quilt from the February retreat.  The designer called it Penny's Star.  Penny is his sister and she owns the Quilt-Agious shop in Mukwonago WI where I used to work part time.  

  

The quilting on this one is also amazing... now to get to trimming and binding.

I appear to have a thing for blue quilts!

Sew on...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit today!