Thursday, March 19, 2020

Stay-Cation

The trend for some people in the recent past (and I'll admit, for me) has been to have a Stay-cation, or to take your vacation by staying at home.  For me, there's nothing I like better than to spend a day in my sewing/craft room, making. 

The current Coronavirus pandemic has made many of us 'older folk' rethink our running around, and cancellations have forced us to forego some of our activities.  For me, that's OK.

I have plenty of books, fabric, patterns, yarn... I can stay busy for quite a while.  Then there's Amazon and shopping on line for deliveries of everything from soup to nuts.

Except maybe toilet paper!



My DH said "Maybe you can knit some..."

Ha ha.

He actually tried to buy some during our normal shopping trip at the beginning of last week and couldn't find any at our local store.  Evidently the shortage escaped our notice until it was too late.

Good thing we buy ahead, so we're OK for a while.  I hope!


My SIL fell on Sunday evening and we had to run over there and call 911.  She ended up in the emergency room, then admitted and had surgery to repair a broken hip.  Now she's waiting to be transferred to a rehab facility, as soon as they have a bed available. 

We were not allowed into the hospital the night she fell.  The EMTs dropped her off, but we were stopped at the door by a formidable-looking nurse in full 'combat' garb, wrapped almost completely in plastic!  We left our phone number and had to go home.  I'm all for caution but I felt horrible having to leave her there alone!

The next day DH tried to call and get information, but they refused to tell him anything since he does not have medical power of attorney.  Eventually she called us.

Lesson:  if you live alone, have someone designated who can get information, just in case. 

Luckily she's doing better now, and calling on a regular basis.  We're babysitting home and bird.  I have to ask her what his name is... I'm just calling him 'the bird'.  Not too personal!  Miss Kitty is probably hoping she could get up close and personal.  Which is why he's living alone at her place for now!


Hmmm, is that lunch?
I'm off to the sewing studio... I have pants to hem, and a quilt top to unassemble and reassemble in the RIGHT order.  But that's another post.

Sew on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit today!