Friday, August 10, 2018

Moving On, or Just Moving?

Today I am going to call a local real estate agent and list my house for sale.  we have been here for 11 years.  We've been happy here for the most part.  It's the only house Miss A has ever lived in, she was mere weeks old when we all moved in.  But it's time.

DD is getting married and moving them all in with her soon to be new husband.  He has a nice little house that will hold them all, and no desire to sell it and move into our rental unit.  An certainly no desire to buy OUR house and have us as tenants!  LOL!

The idea of living somewhere else is fun, exciting even.  I relish the idea of living in a condo or a house on a smaller lot.  I know DH would appreciate not having so much grass to cut, or so much driveway (two, actually) to shovel.

But moving?  UGH big time!  Have you seen my Resource Room lately??  Or for that matter, the garage/shed/basement/spare room??

Dear oh dear oh dear, how did so much STUFF get into my spaces?

The jobs we need to do to get this house ready for an open house boggle the mind.  The big stuff, like installing new patio doors and painting, can probably be hired out.  But things must be sorted.  Things.  Too many things!  All important at some time or other, or they would not be here.  Or so I'm telling myself.

And having a rummage sale?  Oh no.  There just seems like too much work to that.  How big a deduction can I get for donating to Goodwill instead?  I almost wish I could hire those 'got junk' people you see on TV and ask them to make it all disappear with a wink and a point.

But what if it was something I needed?  I guess I could become a hoarder very easily.

Maybe it's good to move every 11 years...

I hope the real estate market holds out at a boom for just a little bit longer.

Moving on...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit today!