Sunday, July 8, 2018

Whirlwind

Last time I blogged it was July 2, Day One of my retirement.  Next thing I know it's a week later!

The first week went like a whirlwind.  I honestly can't believe it's passed!  I got a text on Friday morning from my successor, and she said "I'm sorry to bother you.  I was trying to get through a whole week without having to ask you any questions!"  I said "Congratulations to making it all the way to Friday before you did!"

Things I did this week instead of going to work:



  1. Got a haircut, and didn't have to rush to the appointment, or home from it.
  2. Had lunch with some friends and lingered over iced tea after the meal was done.
  3. Spent three short shifts at the quilt shop and didn't spend as much as I earned.
  4. Went shopping with Miss A at the book store and enjoyed our usual beverage and cookie... again unrushed.
  5. Had a great time with the hubby at a family wedding.
  6. Sewed one column of blocks for my Escher quilt top.
  7. Cleaned up my sewing room so I can invite my friend Pam over.
  8. Went to the library and picked up my books on CD.

Things I did not do:
  1. Drive in rush hour traffic.
  2. Set my alarm clock.
  3. Put on heels.














I would call this week a success!

Rock on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit today!