Thursday, January 18, 2018

Early In the Morning or Late at Night?

Happy Thursday!

One of the things we need to do in our job as Grampa's Day Care Center is get Miss A out of bed for school in the morning (and me out of bed to get to my home office!).

Some days it's no fun.  Other days it's not so bad.

I am reminded of my own days as a kid at home, and my poor mother having to get any number of her seven offspring up at various times of the morning.

She used to sing a little song to us, maybe you've heard it before:



In addition she might do something like pull up the shade to let in the sunshine, or pull the blankets off a particularly lazy kid who wasn't responding.  I even remember once she used a squirt bottle of cool water that was on the ironing board to convince one of the boys to Rise and Shine.
 
Some of use might be risers but shining in the morning was not in our wheelhouses.
 

One of my brothers was a night owl and was perpetually dragging his sorry butt out of bed at the very last second.  Like the rest of us would be in the car ready to back out of the driveway and he would be saying "wait, wait!".



Not that I mind getting up early, if I get a good sleep.  I was never good at staying up late.  I don't watch late night TV on purpose -- what happens to me is I'm waiting for my turn in the bathroom and I fall asleep on the couch with a cat (or knitting) on my lap.  Then I am jolted awake by the crink in my neck, and some silly talk show is on, and what the heck, I have lost an hour or more! 

I get up, wash my face, brush my teeth, go to bed, and then I can't drop off immediately (I'm sure it's the face-washing) so I read for anywhere from a few minutes to a half hour.

Then my hubby says "you were up late last night".  Ha ha!  Not so much... it doesn't count as staying up late if you're sleeping on the couch!  I have stayed up the equivalent of a half hour longer than he did, appearances notwithstanding.

Tonight I plan to do it differently.  I will go to bed first and fall asleep second.

Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit today!