Thursday, September 28, 2017

I'm Rushing As Fast As I Can!!

Goodness, gracious, sakes alive!!  Sometimes I hate September...

Here's what has happened in the two weeks since I posted last:
  • My daughter got engaged (second time for both, this one's a keeper IMHO)
  • My granddaughter bought a dress for Homecoming that needed inspection and luckily NO ALTERATIONS!  But it came from CHINA - and took so long to get here we were completely stressed out.
  • I went to Charlotte, NC, for a work meeting.  Connections through Chicago were horrible and I missed the homeward bound one completely.  That trip is a story for another post!
  • Corporate year end flew up on me like nobody's business.  I'm still burning the midnight oil there.
  • Two meetings were held to discuss the accounting for the Church's dedicated funds, for which I am the accountant.  With a new Pastor there was a lot to go over, but I think we've got it now.
  • DH and I celebrated 46 years of marriage with a lovely dinner out.  We were home by 7:30 but it seemed later because it's getting dark outside so early now!

Check out the tiles in the ladies' bathroom!

  • I had two doctor appointments, a dentist appointment, and did labs (blood and other stuff), three of which happened THIS WEEK!  Ugh!
  • I had my first pneumonia vaccine.  Boy, that made me feel kinda old... 
  • I need to schedule a shopping trip for shoes because, well SHOES.  This was prompted by the running through the airport in Chicago and the resulting achy feet.
  • Next week I'll be in Chicago for a major conference of Wastewater Engineers.  Fun, fun, fun!!  I am going by train this time.  That's at least 90 minutes of reading time each way!
  • I shopped at Mary Jo's Cloth Store in Charlotte NC.  What an experience!  I was standing in the checkout line when I saw this:
Maybe in North Carolina... but our Midwestern fabric shops rarely sell grits!!

The ladies at Mary Jo's were still hand writing the cutting slips, and they tear the fabric.  It reminded me of the old days when they used to do that at Joann Fabrics and Mary Lester.  Ah nostalgia!

I have dinner scheduled with my friends who used to work with me at Joann's.  It's Red Lobster Endless Shrimp days...

Gotta run, and I mean RUN.  I'm late for everything!

Rock on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit today!