Friday, September 23, 2016

Friday Funnies


Well, it really wasn't all that funny... 

I bought a kit for a cute table runner WAY back when my friend Marla had a quilt shop.  The pattern was one that someone had hand drawn, so I can't even Google it to buy it again.  It was so adorable, I think it was called Over and Under or something similar.  I made about six or seven of them along with some matching napkins.  It's not large, about twenty-four inches from point to point.

I donated one to a fund raising event.  Everyone loved it!  Of course someone asked me if there was a pattern.

Um, yes, somewhere...

My sewing room gets messy quickly, and I am constantly reorganizing.  I have a gazillion binders with patterns in them, along with piles of things that should be in binders, or sorted out and tossed.  It's the proverbial needle in a haystack.

Solution?  I could draw this up, right?  It's not that complicated... but OMG it's on an angle with partial seaming, and I kept having to refer back to the original for how those pieces went together.

I got out the graph paper, and after many tries, I think I gave myself a migraine.  

Cut a bunch of strips.  Sew some pieces together.

Arrange them a certain way

Remember where the setting triangles go...

Sew some partial seams.  Get the colors lined up correctly.

Make one end unit...

Make a second end unit for the opposite side.
 
I'm in the process of writing this up so I can walk through the steps and see if I remembered it correctly.
 
Meanwhile I'm waiting for my sewing machine to get repaired.  I bent something working on this:
 
I'm stitching on all the patches for every concert my friend Ben ever attended....

I'm not sure about his taste in music, LOL!

Be careful when sewing a big thick patch over the seams in a jeans jacket...  broken needles can ensue.  Ask me how I know.

Sew on...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit today!