Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Lost Weekend, or Down the Rabbit Hole Again

Remember that old movie with Ray Miland, The Lost Weekend?  Maybe some of the younger folks don't.  It was made in 1945 so it was an oldie but a goodie when I was young too... but I watched many, many old movies while I was babysitting and waiting for people to come home after bar close back when I was in high school.

Oh yeah, back when people hired babysitters and I made 50 cents an hour doing it!  Huh, that was so long ago I'm lucky I remember that.

There, did you see that journey down the rabbit hole?  I keep doing that...

Just like Googling things -- you start with one thing and if you're lucky, eventually you find what you wanted an hour ago when you started.

What is rabbit hole? - Definition from WhatIs.com

whatis.techtarget.com › ... › Consumer Technology › Personal computing
Remember Alice in Wonderland?  The trouble that girl got into because she wanted to know what
the heck the rabbit was doing??
 
Sometimes I feel like Alice.
 
This weekend the intent was to spend some time in the sewing room doing some kit cutting for the
church group that meets in two weeks.
 
I didn't bring any fabric home from our cabinet, but that's OK because I could cut kits from my own
stash for the balance of the decade and not run out, and probably not miss any of it.  :-(
 
So I went down on Saturday around noon.  Then after a text conversation with Miss E, I got sidetracked
by a trip to the office supply store for school supplies that I didn't have in my resource center.  Followed
closely by a trip to Michaels and Target and Wal-Mart.  (Disclaimer:  I do not shop at Wal-Mart.  I hate
their 800 pound gorilla marketing practices and the cheap crap you can get there.   But I will wait in the
car while Miss E goes in for Free-dent Gum that doesn't ruin her dental appliances.)
 
 
That pretty much used up my afternoon.  I finished up the day with dinner and a good book.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit today!