Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UFOs - Gotta Get Busy!

I'm scheduling some vacation time around Labor Day... Lots of people go to their cabins for the last long weekend of summer, or plan some outdoor activities with family or friends. 

I plan time in the sewing room.

The pile of UFOs or Un-Finished Objects is getting large...



 
Top to Bottom:
  1. Halloween Quilt
  2. Jelly Roll Quilt
  3. Red/white/blue quilt
  4. Garden Florals
  5. Poppies from the kit I found hidden
  6. Almost Twighlight - quilted, just needs binding
  7. Black/white/red stars from Buck a Block
  8. Black/white/red/gray bow tie quilt that needs a border
  9. Primary colors charm block quilt
  10. Green and dark red borders that go on a quilt that's not on the pile
  11. Two Christmas quilts, one is mine and one goes to my daughter
Not on the pile are two more, one is a panel for a blue baby quilt that is flannel and chenille with a large frog in one of the corners, and the other is the pink quilt with the panel of 2.5 inch squares in the center.
 
One the design wall are these string blocks:
 

They're six and a half inches square.  Somewhere not in the pile or on the wall is a partial top made with more string blocks alternating with squares of denim from old jeans.

If I live long enough to finish all my projects I'll be around to a ripe old age!

While cleaning up my sewing room on Sunday I noticed this on the wall near I desk I use for scrapbooking:


This is what Miss A does while I'm sewing... and this is the new math I guess.  You make lines for tens and dots for ones and then you count them all.  Wish they'd done it this way when I was young, I might not have memorized those math tables!

Looking forward to the long weekend of finishes coming up!

Sew on...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit today!