Monday, March 30, 2015

Lots Going On

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

There has certainly been a lot going on in my life this week, but not much I could or would have wanted to blog about.  Let me just say this:  get an annual mammogram, do the follow up, and when someone tells you that you don't know what you're talking about, question that.  Get a second opinion.  Everything turned out fine, (I was right) but there is one radiologist I will never, ever see again if he's the only one in the state, and one that is my hero.  'nuff said.

I also bought a new car this week.  I had a car that was going on 14 years old and had a LOT of miles on it.  It was in very good shape and I probably could have driven it for another two or three years, but DH was getting nervous about things going wrong and that was that.  Note:  Nothing was GOING wrong, he was just nervous about what if.  Then he decided that I probably needed to have an incentive to keep going to work every day.

So off to the dealership we went.  Four hours later I drove home in the 2015 model of the same car I've been driving for the past 20 years.  So I got some nicer amenities, such as heated seats and a moon roof, but it's a Corolla, the same as my last two cars.

I love the new car smell.

I also have been working on a quilt for a fund raiser at church, along with some matching pillows. 

Suzi has it all quilted and bound, now I am doing a label and finishing up on the pillows.  It will be auctioned off to raise money to send the high school kids on a mission trip to a Minnesota Indian Reservation.  It is beautiful and someone will get a treasure!

 
Someone called me and wants to look at doll clothes this week.  I didn't have much left after donating some of THOSE to the auction too, so I ran up a couple of dresses.  I need to get some more buttons for some of the sweaters I knit but didn't finish, and then she should have a pretty decent group to review.  I also made the most darling little coat with some pink wide-wale corduroy.  I lined it in pink and white stripes.  Of course my phone was dead or dying so there is no photo yet.
 
Happy Monday!  Sew on...

1 comment:

  1. i drive a Camry but drove a corolla before got a Camry because hubby said Corolla was two small for him!!!! Plus i had always wanted one

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit today!