Friday, December 21, 2012

Wisconsin Weather

Yesterday I had my work computer at home and worked from the kitchen table.  Fun, right?

Ha!  No hot filtered water for my tea, no M&Ms in the desk drawer, no one with which to chat about stuff after the grands went to school, and no big snowstorm!! 

The weather people said we were supposed to be getting somewhere between 6 and 12 inches of blowing, drifting snow, and blizzard conditions, some time on Thursday.  The portion of Southeast Wisconsin below the I94 freeway had a weather watch or whatever starting Wednesday night.  So some of us who could work from home took our computers and lugged them out to the cars, and had our phonecalls transferred to our cell phones, etc.  We made lots of arrangements.

Because, after all, the Weather People said don't travel if you don't have to... especially west of the City.

My hairdresser called and moved my appointment from 5:30 p.m. up to 2:30 p.m. so she could go home early.  I understand that one.  Her car was rear-ended in the first snow of the season last week.  Yeah, that was the one where we were reminded about how we are supposed to drive in the winter.

So, the big storm?

Check it out.
The view from my 'home office' at about 2 p.m.

OK, it finally started to snow about 3:30 in the afternoon.  We have about 3 inches in the driveway this morning.  But a blizzard?  Not so much.

I'm disappointed.

The area around the state capitol got about 18 inches.  Now that's a blizzard!!

Sew on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit today!