Several months back I posted a picture of a quilt top that is in process for my DD. It's a lovely mix of blues and browns with a center of Friendship Stars and borders of strip blocks. It needed to be enlarged just a little so there will be about a 10" drop on their queen sized bed.
I decided to cut down the floral border and make some more stars, but smaller ones this time. I got out the bin of fabrics I used for the top and cut a bunch of 2 1/2" squares, made a bunch of half square triangles, and kitted them up to go into production.
I put them into a plastic bin, in the order they should be sewn in. After I made about a dozen stars I had to stop for the night, so I put the bin aside.
Fast forward two weeks. I've got a head cold so I decided that I was too tired to work on anything that required brain power, but I figured I could finish up those borders.
Sitting down at the sewing machine, I was surprised to find the bin had been jostled! Must have moved it around, or maybe Miss A was looking for something...
Laid things out and started sewing. Got the last bunch sewn up and took them over to the ironing board.
What should have been this:
was actually this:
So I turned them into this:
Now I am covered with tiny little bits of white thread, but they're all put back together the right way this time.
Note to self: Mindless sewing really isn't.