Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I Have A New Project!!

I'm kind of excited to say I have picked up a new project.  A young lady I know asked me if I knew someone who could make a baptismal dress from a wedding gown.  Do I?  Yeah, me! 

I picked up the dress and her chosen pattern last night.  I'm excited to get to work tonight, taking pictures of both and doing some planning.  The baby is due in November so I have some time.  My only worry is that since the dress is a strapless number with a pretty straight skirt, I hope the pieces of this very full baby gown fit on the available fabric.

I'm told there is a train folded up in the dress bag... so wish me luck!  There's a beaded overskirt that she wants used to cover the skirt of the baby dress.

Photos of the project will be forthcoming!

Sew on...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great project. Can hardly wait for pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit today!