Wednesday, December 21, 2011

On your mark, get set...

Welcome!  This blog is an attempt to bring a slightly old school woman into the 21st century!  OK, I'll admit it, I love READING blogs.  I've become a follower of a couple of really good ones.  I admire those people immensely.

Having done the FB thing for a while, I don't want to become one of those tiresome people who has to publish what I have for breakfast each day. 

Who am I, and why would you be interested in reading this blog once, let alone repeatedly?  Let's see, I'm a wife and mother, grandmother of four, the Executive Assistant to a very senior manager in an international engineering firm, a sewing enthusiast, a knitter and crochet-er (is that even a word??).  I love to read, mainly mysteries and non-fiction but I'll read other things too.  I love the novels of Jane Austen and James Lee Burke, J.K. Rowling, Robert B. Parker and Charles Dickens, to name just a few.  I once tried to enter all the books I've read into one of those library programs and maxed out before I even scratched the surface.

I've always been interested in sewing... I wanted a better wardrobe than our family could afford so I started sewing in high school.  I figured if I could do it for my dolls, I could do it for myself.  But I'd never want to sew as a business -- then it would be too much like work!  I'm primarily a garment sewist but with the advent of grandchildren I branched out into children's wear and quilts.  An I run the best darned stuffed animal hospital in our town.

I think I'm creative, and I admire creativity in other people.  I try to learn at least one new thing every day.  My pet peeves are people who think that if they're right it means that everyone else wrong, mean people, and those who use bad grammar when they know better.

My motto is "blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape".  Expect a blessing every day, and see the glass as half full, that's the way I try to live.

When I 'grow up', I want to be as good a person as my grandchildren think I am... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit today!