Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Squirrel!! Squirrel!!

It seems like every day I wake up with a plan.  I know exactly what I want to do today.

And then... 

Yesterday was laundry day.  On Mondays I generally do the laundry and while it's running I stay upstairs in the area of the laundry room and do some computer work or clean and when that's done I can read or knit until the laundry is done.  We generally have only three or four loads, depending upon if it's the week to wash the bedding.  But with each load taking an hour, that shoots the day.

This past week, I started the laundry, but the computer was down in the kitchen, so after I cleaned upstairs, I went into the second bedroom to look for some yarn for a project I had in mind for a Christmas gift.  

Two hours later, after the washer had chimed twice and then given up, I had three bins of yarn on the floor and was deep into pulling three OTHER projects and reorganizing the bulky yarn.

THEN I had to put it all back.  LOL!


The good news is that I DID find a project I could start and that will knit up quickly, since it's bulky and I'm knitting a size small.  However... 

Well I did manage to finish the laundry except for the towels which are sitting in the dryer one day later, just waiting for me to come back to fold them.

Then I pulled out a bunch of yarn that was gifted to me two houses ago, when I was still working so at LEAST two years ago.  It's 100% acrylic, from a chain store, and was part of a haul from a co-worker whose mother had it for a number of years before she developed dementia and could no longer knit.  It's smelling a bit oily and it feels like it's coated.  I think old acrylic yarn sometimes starts to deteriorate when it's binned in plastic, and it develops a funky feel.  When that happens, it just needs to get tossed.

Which breaks my heart, but it's too icky to use, and why inflict it upon someone else who might buy it at the Goodwill??  Just grit your teeth and toss!  In my defense I didn't spend any money on it.  Does that help?

After a trip to the freezer to pull out something for dinner, I remembered to bring up the pile of pillow cases I sewed last week.  (I forgot to bring up the box of staples I pulled out of the downstairs desk though.)  DH claimed the Badgers one for his pillow.  The others are now in the closet.  Some could end up being gifted, since they're kind of juvenile, IMHO.  :-)

In case you thought I forgot about the title of this post, I came upstairs with nothing from the freezer.

We ordered a pizza delivery.



BTW did you know there is a shortage of pepperoni due to covid?  I did not know that before yesterday... but my cousin posted to FB that she could not find something in the store and that sparked a discussion of random shortages.

   

Evidently it's aged sausage like pepperoni and salami, artificial sweeteners that go into diet soda, and canned pumpkin in my area.  Thanksgiving is going to be a bummer if the pumpkin thing is true.

This weekend had me thinking about the pumpkin cranberry muffins that I used to buy from the coffee shop where I worked, back when I actually went to an office.  They were over a dollar each back then and probably had a calorie count that was triple digits, but they were so delicious.  I would drive downtown for one of them right now, if I knew I could get one.

Let's research recipes for cranberry pumpkin muffins...

It's after twelve, what was I going to do today??

Bake on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit today!