Tuesday, November 12, 2019

November Thankfulness

My dear sister-in-law Bobbie, who lives on the west coast, loves to post to Facebook and posts the most fun things, especially photos of my baby brother and his long beard and his red flannel shirts!

On November 1, she posted 30 Days of Thankfulness, and I thing there was a hashtag there somewhere.



I decided that I would post along with her daily.

So far, so good.  I've posted something every day, I think.



Nov 1 I must have started late, because I can't find a post for the first...

But:

Nov 2 I'm thankful for the gift of my life and the freedom to life in God's service
Nov 3 I'm thankful for a church home and family
Nov 4 I'm thankful for clouds
Nov 5 I'm thankful for sunshine
Nov 6 I'm thankful for warm water and good smelling shampoo
Nov 7 I'm thankful for a husband who supports my fiber addictions!
Nov 8 I'm thankful that I can read, and for used books
Nov 9 I'm thankful for breakfasts, especially tea.
Nov 10 I'm thankful that football on TV gives me guilt-free sewing time
Nov 11 I'm thankful for a family of veterans.  Five of my seven siblings have served.

And today, I'm thankful for doctors and nurses and medical professionals.





My friend Julia and I were discussing our various parents and their medical issues, past and present.  I'm so thankful that my mom had good care after her strokes, and that she remained happy after she started her slide into dementia.  She was able to stay at home until the end, over 20 years ago.  I still miss her and think about her often.

Julia is going through things with her mom that remind me of our journey, and I can be a sympathetic listener and a willing ear.  Sometimes that's all you can do.  But  it IS a thing that you CAN do.


Anyway, to those good souls who care for the sick and injured, the old and infirm, and the young and newly born, thank you so much, and bless your talents and your work!




Be happy, and be thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit today!