Friday, May 19, 2017

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

Previously I blogged about my friend Suzi being the big winner at the Nancy's Notions Sewing Weekend event.  I was a tiny bit jealous, but only for a minute.  Really!  As I said previously, there was that sewing machine...

Wednesday night when I got home from work there was a message on my answering machine from the Sew and Save in Racine WI about a pattern I had ordered at the Mukwonago quilt show.  It was in and would I call for information about getting it sent to me... well of course!  It's a lovely stitchery pattern, hand embroidery, which I enjoy doing very much.

http://www.sewnsaveofracine.com/about-us

Then later when we were getting ready to go to bed I noticed a light blinking on my bedroom phone.


The downstairs phones blink too I think but you have to really pay attention to see that there's a message.  It was too late to call anyone back but I picked up the message anyway.

"Hi, Sue, this is Quilt-agious in Mukwonago, you won the yard of fabric for a month..." was how the message started.

WOW!  If you live in southeast Wisconsin and haven't been to the shop, you should go!  Mukwonago may be a bit out of the way for some but it's totally worth the trip.  Go to their website for directions: 
http://quilt-agious.com/

They bill themselves as the largest collection of Kaffe Fassett fabrics in the state, and I believe it!

This photo is borrowed from their web site, in case you don't know
what a Kaffe fabric is all about.
Since I am in charge of the monthly raffle for our local quilt guild, I think I'll be picking up some fabulous things there both for the raffle and for myself.  And getting that free yard each month for TWELVE whole months!

Thanks, Quilt-agious!  And thanks too to the Mukwonago quilt guild for putting on a great show that included opportunities for purchases and winnings!

Sew on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit today!